Here is the main page covering three week long visit to Romania in July 2018, plus a slide show of pictures at the end.
For journal postings from Romania, CLICK HERE.
Our visit covered a good deal of territory in Romania. We began in Bucharest after an overnight bus ride from Sofia, then we headed to the northeast (Moldavia) for the painted churches and its diverse landscape, the west (Maramures) for the wooden churches and folk art, and the central section of Transylvania for its natural beauty, historical cities and forts/castles of all sorts. Among the locations:
- Bucharest, including the Old Town, Victoria Street, Parcu Regale and around
- Marasesti monument
- Suceava, Moldavia
- including the painted churches at Humor, Voronet, Molovita, Sucevita, Arbor, and Patrauti
- Barsana, Maramures
- including the wooden churches at Plopis, Surdesti, Desesti, and Budesti
- Sighisoara and Sibiu
- including fortified churches at Biertan, Valea Viilor, and Viscri, plus the castles of Rupea and Fagares
- including the castles at Peles and Rasnov
You can browse the map below for where we’ve been in Romania (and posted an article). Click a pushpin to find the posted articles from the marked locations.
SLIDE SHOW HINT: If you’ve already seen the earlier pictures in the slide show, keep clicking the Prev link below to get to the end of the group and view our most recent ones.