Here is the main page covering our visit to Peru during our four-month stay in South America from December 2016 to April 2017 (including Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia), plus a slide show of pictures at the end.
For journal postings from Peru, CLICK HERE.
Our month-long Itinerary took us along the coast and into the Andes across the country:
- Lima, including Miraflores and Barranco
- Archeological complex of Caral
- Trujillo and Huanchaca
- Temples of the Sun and Moon, and Arco Iris
- Archeological complex of Chan Chan
- Archeological complex of El Brujo (Lady of Cao)
- Chiclayo, including Tumbes Reales & Bruning Museums, Lambayeque
- Archeological complex of Sipan
- Huacachina Oasis
- Nazca and overflight of Nazca lines
- Colca Canyon
- Pueblo de Coporaque, Cayllorna
- Puno, Lake Titicaca
- Andean explorer train, Puno to Cuzco
- Cuzco, incl. Rainbow Mountain; Salt Mines and Moray archeological site via mt. bike
- Sacred Valley near Cuzco, including Pisac and Ollantaytambo archeological sites
- Manu cloud forest
- Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu, including Huayna Picchu climb
You can browse the map below for where we’ve been in Peru (and posted an article). Click a pushpin to find the posted articles from the marked locations.
SLIDE SHOW HINT: If you’ve already seen the earlier pictures in the slide show, keep clicking the Prev link below to get to the end of the group and view our most recent ones.