Here is the main page covering our six-week visit to the country of Jordan, plus a slide show of pictures at the end. We planned to drive around this ancient land after a one-week stay in Amman. One broken arm and a troublesome viral inflammation kept us in Amman longer, but that also let us experience the extraordinary hospitality of people in the country. And understand why Jordan is a top destination for medical tourism.
For journal postings from Jordan, CLICK HERE.
Our driving itinerary was flexible, but we ended up visiting these sites.
— Jordan Museum
— Central city, including Roman theatres and forum
— Rainbow Street and the 8 circles of Amman
— Al Khalidi hospital
– Jordan Valley, including Dead Sea and Bethany on the Jordan
– Mount Nebo
– Madaba archeological sites
– Umm ar Rasas archeological site
– Karak and Shobak Castle
– Petra, Little Petra, Wadi Musa
– Wadi Rum
– Aqaba and the Red Sea
– Dana Nature Reserve and Wadi Dana
– Al Azraq castle, Azraq Wetland Reserve and Shoumari Nature Reserve
– Irbid and Umm Qais
– El Ajloun Castle and Nature Reserve
(Soon) You can browse the map below for where we’ve been in Jordan (and posted an article). Click a pushpin to find the posted articles from the marked locations.
SLIDE SHOW HINT: If you’ve already seen the earlier pictures in the slide show, keep clicking the Prev link below to get to the end of the group and view our most recent ones.