Here is the main page covering our three-week visit to Iceland in August 2018, plus a slide show of pictures at the end.
For journal postings from Iceland, CLICK HERE.
Our visit covered the famous Ring Road of Iceland, traveling clockwise around, with the addition of the Snaefellsnes Peninsula and the Westfjords.
Among the locations:
- Reykjavik, including several museums
- The Golden Circle outside Reykjavik, including Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir hot springs, plus Thingvellir and the rift between the Atlantic tectonic plates
- Snaefellsnes Peninsula
- Vatnshellir Cave and Snaefellsjokul Glacier
- Latrabjarg bird cliffs
- Pink beaches of Raedsandur
- Dynjandi waterfall
- Holtskolavegur, Flateyri and Isafjordur
- Sudavik and Arctic Fox Centre, Hvitanes seal point, Heydalur hot spring
- Holmavik and whale watching
- Akureyri including Botanical Garden and delta park
- Hrisey Island
- Delfoss and Godafoss waterfalls
- Lake Myvatn, including Dimmuborgir lava fields, Hverfjall crater, Hverir and Namafjall thermal landscape, Skútustaðagígar pseudocraters, Viti crater and Krafla thermal power station, Grjótagjá lava tube and cave,
- Dettifoss waterfall
- Egilsstadir and Lagarfljot
- Snaefels Mt.
- Jokulsarlon and Vatnajokull glacier
- Dyrholaey and Skogafoss waterfall
- Reykjanes Peninsula, including Brimketill and the Bridge Between Continents
You can browse the map below for where we’ve been in Iceland (and posted an article). Click a pushpin to find the posted articles from the marked locations.
SLIDE SHOW HINT: If you’ve already seen the earlier pictures in the slide show, keep clicking the Prev link below to get to the end of the group and view our most recent ones.