Here is the main page covering our visit to Finland, during our half-year stay in the Baltics, plus a slide show of pictures at the end.
For journal postings from Finland, CLICK HERE.
Our month-long Itinerary took us up the eastern half of Finland past the Arctic Circle to the lands of the Sami (Lapp) people, then down the western shore along the Gulf of Bothnia to Helsinki:
- Jyvaskyla, including Porvoo old town, Petajavesi and Keuruu churches
- Oravi, including Savonlinna, Linnansaari and Kolovesi Reserves, Valamon Monastery
- Lieksa, including Kuopio, Wolverine watching
- Kuusamo, including Paateri church, Kitkajoki rafting and Bear watching
- Kiilopaa, including Sodankyla, Saariselka Wilderness
- Inari, including Ukko Island & SIIDA
- Oulu, including Tornio and Hailuoto Island
- Vaasa, including Seinajoki, Kvarken Archipelago
- Turku Archipelago, including Inio, Mossala/Houtskar, Korppo, Nauvo
- Turku, including Alboa Vetus and the castle
- Helsinki, including Suomenlinna
You browse the map below for where we’ve been in Finland (and posted an article). Click a pushpin to find the posted articles from the marked locations.
SLIDE SHOW HINT: If you’ve already seen the earlier pictures in the slide show, keep clicking the Prev link below to get to the end of the group and view our most recent ones.