Just for fun…
In 70 seconds, here are some of the sounds and sights of Amman, Jordan’s capital, during its coronavirus lockdown (yes, it makes more sense with volume up):
- Curfew alarms sound at 6pm
- The quiet of the streets during lockdown and evening curfew
- Bird song was rarely interrupted, perhaps by a bark or child’s call
- Even in lockdown, the propane trucks delivered supplies, blaring their characteristic tunes, including a jangling Fur Elise and the Birthday song.
- Throughout the day, the closed mosques still proclaim the time for prayer thru loudspeakers.
- Back to normal?…We’ve returned to the noises of city traffic until 6pm curfew quiets things again.